Believe (Rules, #1)

Believe (Rules, #1) - Lisa Alfonso Well if I were to base the rating solely on the ending, this would be a whole lot lower. I hate cliffhanger endings SO much, I don't think that words can describe how much loathing I feel towards them. Fortunately there's a lot more to a book than just the ending. This was a great dystopian read for me. It definitely followed previous dystopians as far as a controlling entity that they rebel against (which is kind of the definition of a dystopian) but it had a lot of unique ideas.
Well ok, maybe the ideas aren't totally unique, but she's twisted them and combined them in such a way that it really is it's own story and not some copycat. I really enjoyed this read as it was well written. However it could really benefit from some editing, at least the kindle copy could. And while lack of editing is a huge pet peeve of mine, I was able to ignore it and enjoy this story in spite of that fact. I recommend this to anyone looking for a good dystopian read, however I suggest waiting until book 2 is out before reading.