Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)

Hopeless - Colleen Hoover Everything I heard about this was that it was "SO GOOD" and after reading some of her other works, I didn't doubt this to be true. However, after finishing it I have to say this really isn't a book that's just "SO GOOD" in the typical sense. It was good in a heartbreaking-ly sad way.

The story itself really doesn't take off until the second half of the book. But boy once it does it's almost in a very different direction from what the majority of the first half leads you to think. I can't even describe how I feel after reading this. Excruciatingly sad, yes. Oddly joyful, yes. Hopeful, yes, yes, yes. Weirdest of all, I didn't feel like I was on an emotional rollercoaster. I was so ridiculous sucked into Sky's story, and how Holder fit into everything. Best way to put it is probably that my mind has been blown by how well written such a sad story could be while still being uplifting in some odd way.

I don't even really have any criticisms of the book. The closest thing I can think of is that I wish Six would have had a bigger role. But honestly, her's was SO important by providing humor when it was much needed. Overall I'm not sure I would openly recommend this to anyone. However if you want a serious, heartbreaking story (versus an escape from reality) this is definitely a good read.