If You Find Me - Emily Murdoch First Impressions:

I was a little concerned with this simply because I didn't know what to expect. I'd seen that it already had some good reviews, but I didn't want to have too high of expectations and then hate it because it fell short of them. From page 1 I felt immersed in the story because it is just that well written. I love the references she uses to Winnie the Pooh, without bashing you over the head with them. They're subtle, but add a surprising amount of depth to the story.

I was also a little curious to see how the story develops, from Carey being afraid of the man because of what she remembers and how their mother treats them. Carey starts out not fully questioning her mother, but goes on this journey to find out what's real.

Overall:
I think this is a fascinating read for anyone, but especially for those who are interested by psychology. It was a refreshing read and one that will probably stick with me for a long time. I can't even begin to imagine everything that Carey went through, but she is certainly one of the strongest female characters I've ever read about.

*I was provided an ARC copy for honest review via Goodreads First Reads. My review is solely my honest opinion.