Bittersweet - Sarah Ockler Well aside from the major sweet tooth I now have, I thought this was a pretty cute book. I would have liked to have seen more with Hudson and Josh, and less of Will. But overall it was a solid novel.

My biggest issue with this novel, and why it's only a 3 star for me, is that so much of the book is focused around Hudson returning to the ice, to win that scholarship. Now, I understand what the author was going for, and I respect it. But for all the time that was spent building up to this event, for her to just walk away like that and then everything is essentially hunky dory just doesn't sit well with me. I'm glad Hudson had the epiphany that she's passionate about the cupcakes and that she was using the ice as a means of hiding. I'm not really sure what I expected, or what I really think would improve the ending. But it just doesn't sit well with me. If it weren't for this one thing my review would have easily been 4 stars.

The characters were lovable, even with lacking a little dimension. I could just imagine the stress Hudson was feeling. And I'm glad that her father's appearance in the book was so minimal. Overall, a pretty good novel.