If I Should Die - Amy Plum Where do I begin? Well I was pretty apprehensive about how this series was going to end after the way the previous book ended. I didn't think I'd be able to handle Vincent being gone gone, or even volant for the entire book. Fortunately I didn't have too! I have to say this final book was on par with the other two. The writing has remained consistent (yay!) but this one seemed to have me biting my nails a lot more. Granted, not only was it the ending of a book (which I expect to have me at least on the edge of my seat) but also the end of the series, so a little more climax is what I expect. And boy did it deliver! Now, I'm not going to say that it took me totally by surprise. In fact it was pretty easy to predict what was going to happen. BUT that didn't stop me from getting sucked into the story.

The ending was definitely an ending in which I'm not halfway expecting for a miraculous fourth book to somehow appear. I really appreciate that. I would have liked to have seen an epilogue, of where all my favorite characters end up. Who's still with who, that sort of thing. But I guess I can't always have what I want.

Overall, I highly recommend this series to anyone who is a fan of YA paranormal and looking for something with a unique spin on the paranormal genre.