On the Island  - Tracey Garvis-Graves Wow. Where do I start? Honestly I would never have read this novel if it weren't for Goodreads recommending it, and seeing the reviews. So I decided I'd check it out from my local library, and if it didn't suck me in, I could discard it, no harm, no fowl. Well let me just say it sucked me in a lot quicker than I thought a novel involving a teacher (or rather tutor)/student relationship chould. I made the mistake of taking this to work to read between calls, and ended up finishing it that shift. To be fair, the begining did bore me a bit and I didn't want to waste my time, so I did skip the first 70 pages or so, mainly to get a feel for the story without wasting my time. All in all, I'm really glad that I did check this out as it was a very surprisingly wonderful story. The way the topic was handled was very mature and well approached. It took a normally taboo subject and turned it into a very sweet and heartwarming story. Now that I've done my raving, I would like to add that while, yes, this was a good story, it is one that I am extremely happy I checked out versus purchasing as it was definitely only worthy of a one time reading.