You Don't Have to Say You Love Me

You Don't Have to Say You Love Me - Sarra Manning I wound up enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would. So I rated it on the higher end because of that. Max and Neve were so awkward at times that they made a very believable couple. But I was so frustrated listening to constant complaints about Neve's size. We get that she THINKS she's fat. Honestly I think if the reader wasn't beat over the head about it so much, it would have been more enjoyable, and a shorter read. That's not to say that there was a lot of unnecessary information thrown in, just more that it was repeated far more than necessary.

This story kind of reminded me of 50 Shades in some ways, and honestly I think this deserves more recognition than the highly popular series. The writing is better and it's an overall better love story in my opinion. This is a way longer novel than I would typically read for this genre, and had I realized that prior to borrowing it, I probably wouldn't have read it. I'm glad that I did read it though as it was super sweet and made my heart flutter a few times because I knew what was coming. Yes, it is a pretty predictable story, but then again that's the case with the majority of books out there anymore.