Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)

Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1) - Rebecca Donovan This one had been sitting on my kindle for a little while. I had gotten it as my "free" prime book at the beginning of the month (I'm horrible about remembering to get my prime book every month) and kept meaning to read it, but then something else would sound better. Well since the new month was upon us, I started reading it yesterday afternoon.

This book just would not let me go. I was sucked into it. I felt like I was right there with Emma, Sara and Evan. It is such a heartbreaking and yet heartwarming story. There were moments that seemed a little unrealistic, but having never been in a similar situation to any of these characters, I'm not really sure I can adequately judge it on this. Other than that, I love the characters. They were well written and although I was frustrated by the situations my love for them was never tainted by their actions.

My one real complaint is that ending! OMG I read this thinking it was a standalone. So upon finishing it I was 'a bit' upset about it. Thinking WTH? Really? The author couldn't do that to us. And yet she did. Boy what a relief to know it's actually a series. Whew!